The positives of this weekend:

+ My blog hit 500+ views!  Thanks, everyone!  I’m glad to know people are interested in what I’m doing here at good ol’ Purdue.

+ Starry Night.  For those back in Normal, Starry Night is the equivalent of the Sugar Creek Arts Festival.  Except it’s smaller, at night, and 100x more hipster.  But it was insanely pretty.  All the booths are set up down on Chauncy Hill and there are Christmas lights strung up between all the buildings.  People set up booths to sell their artistic stuff, and most, if not all, the money collected is donated to a charity of some sort.  Brooke had a friend from Photography Club there, and his pictures were amazing!  There were people selling all sorts of stuff, but I fell in love with this journal that a girl was selling.  The front had a picture of the United States on it, but each state was written in the shape of the state.  (I know that doesn’t make much sense, so there’s a picture below.)  Then, every few pages inside the journal, there is the picture of the state by itself and some extra pages for different things.  I decided that, since I’ve been to many of the states, I’m going to put pictures inside the journal as a sort of photo journal, because I would like to travel to all 50 states sometime in my life.  I can’t wait to get started on it!  Brooke and I also got a Polaroid picture together which was super cute!

Brooke and I at Starry Night.


My awesome new journal.

+ CRU.  I finally got to go again, and it was so nice to be back.  We sang some absolutely awesome songs, and I met a new girl who lives in Shreve who is silly and loves to sing like me!

+ Fairway 80s party.  Just like the Toga Party they threw a few weeks ago, this party was a hit!  I didn’t really have 80s clothes, but I did have a side pony-tail and a bright t-shirt.  Brooke, Christian, and I went and had an absolute blast dancing.  It was a dry party again, but so far, those are the best ones I’ve been to 🙂  We left at about 1:30 am, and then hung out with people in the lobby of Shreve for a couple hours.  Christian and I ended up talking in the hallway until around 5:00 am (bad idea) after that.  I don’t remember if I’ve mentioned this, but Christian is one of my really good friends here.  I’ve never really had a guy friend who was this close before, but it’s a nice change of pace.  He’s a really good guy.

+ The House at the End of the Street.  Brooke, Christian, his roommate, Matt, and I went and saw this movie Saturday night.  Yes, we walked the 25+ minutes to get to the movie theater to see it.  It wasn’t the best experience ever, especially considering that Christian thought there was a bus to get there, and turns out the stop was on a road that was closed.  Good job Christian.  The movie was mediocre and the theater was definitely nowhere near as nice as the Starplex and Galaxy back home, but the experience was fun.

+ I got some Krispy Kreme doughnuts 🙂

The negatives:

Halfway through the movie, I started feeling a little sick.  I thought I was getting a cold, but my head felt like it was about to explode and my body started getting really achy.  Then we had to walk the 25 minutes back from the theater, but the guys were hungry and wanted to stop for food.  I basically passed out at the table at Von’s Dough Shack (the equivalent of DP Dough) while the guys ate because I felt so bad.  When we finally got back to Shreve, I was practically dead and had to go straight to bed.  I didn’t even shower or change clothes.  I only had time to get some NyQuil in my system before I passed out.  However, and hour later, I woke back up feeling worse than ever.  I couldn’t get out of bed, so Christian had to come in to get me my Advil.  (Megan was having an all-nighter with her friends, so she wasn’t in the room all night.)  I slept for another hour and woke up again.  I was practically delirious and was mumbling to myself as if there was someone else in the room…except there wasn’t.  It was a rough night.

I woke up Sunday morning still feeling like crap.  I knew I needed to go to PUSH, the Student Health Center, because I didn’t know what was wrong and I needed some medicine and a note in case I wasn’t able to go to class on Monday.  The bad thing is, PUSH is a good 15 minute walk from Shreve, and based on how awesome I was feeling, I didn’t know if I could make it there.  So I enlisted Christian’s help again (he’s such a good friend) and he walked me there.  The verdict:  I had a 101 degree fever and a contagious throat infection, although it wasn’t strep.  I was given a prescription for an antibiotic in case it was a bacterial infection, and I had to have my RA get it for me from Walmart.  I was basically a mess for the rest of the day.  However, I came back to my room to find some candy and tea packets and an apple from 3 of the girls on my floor to help me feel better.  I love my floor!  I didn’t do much homework or anything Sunday night because I felt so bad.  I emailed all my professors telling them I may or may not go to class today because I just didn’t feel good.  I ended up not going to my 8:30 Spanish class, so now I have to make up my exam on Wednesday.  That was the first college class I missed!  But boy, I needed that sleep!

Let me just say that getting sick in college is so inconvenient.  First, your bed is lofted, so it’s a struggle getting in and out of it when you’re healthy, let alone when you’re weak and achy.  Also, your mom isn’t there to take care of you, which sucks.  You can’t drive to get your prescription and you have to have other people do it for you.  And you have to walk a long time to get to the health center.  It really just plain sucks, but thank goodness for all the supportive girls on the floor.  Shout-out to them for being so awesome!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s