When the summer began, it felt as if there was all the time in the world before I would leave for Spain. It really seems like a lifetime ago! Here’s what all went down this summer:
- Took a long weekend trip to Michigan with the fam! It was dopeeeee.
- I worked at Anderson Day Camp in Normal for most of the summer. It was a blast because I got to work with my BFF Katie, play games, and go swimming every day. Not to mention that I was the tannest I have ever been in my life! As in, I didn’t look like a ghost for once! However, it is utterly exhausting to chase after 70+ kids every day, so I’ll be honest and say it was a relief when school started back up.
- For 3 weeks, I went back to live in Indiana and teach summer school in the school where I student taught. My 4th graders were pretty great, and I really enjoyed getting my first taste of my own classroom. But the worst part was cleaning out ratchet Apartment 4 when moving out. I never want to do that again.
- I got to go on mini trips with Lush! We spent a few days exploring San Francisco in July and then a few days in Chicago in August. I am so thankful for the time we get to spend together, even though it is not as often as I’d like!
- It was wedding season! One of my weekends was spent at Jess’s house and celebrating her’s and Michael’s wedding reception! It was a blast! Then a couple weeks ago, Brooke and Ethan got married! It was an honor to be one of Brooke’s Maids of Honor! It was really…honorable. Lol, just had to throw another “honor” in there. Man, it doesn’t even sound like a real word now. Sorry.
- Spent various nights with my gal pals from back home in various shenanigans, particularly ones that involved food and wine.
So yeah…it was a busy summer, but suddenly summer is over and I’m about to go to Spain in less than 2 weeks. What have I gotten myself into?